Wednesday 3 October 2007

The Worst Trailer In History

I offer this with no comment. If anyone has a recording of this, please YouTube it and let me know. When I heard it, I nearly fell off the crosstrainer in the gym. That's a piece of equipment, not a person...

The place: Sky News Live at Five
The newsreader: Jeremy Thompson
The time: between 5.30 and 6.45pm I think, Monday 1 October (just after the chat with Jeff Randall anyway)

FOOTAGE: A STRETCH OF WATER
"...and more on that story about a sixteen year-old boy, drowned in a flooded chalk pit after being pelted with stones..."

FOOTAGE: ANOTHER STRETCH OF WATER
"...and coming up... how the world stone-skimming record was broken!"

GRAPHICS: NEWS CHANNEL OF THE YEAR

Err, didn't anyone think these two stories, one a tragic stone-and-water related death, one a ho-ho-ho chucklesome story about stones-and-water, might not be put right next to each other?

Tsk.

No comments: